Full Time Specialized Transportation Driver
$14.12 per hour
The Specialized Transport Driver reports to the Transportation Coordinator and is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of clients to and from various locations. The Driver must be able to safely handle wheelchairs and clients with special needs while also maintaining a schedule for drop off and pick up times.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license with a clean record.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must receive training on how to safely handle wheelchairs and other walking aides.
- Ability to manage a schedule.
- Ability to navigate throughout the Twin Ports and Douglas County.
- Ability to communicate with clients and supervisors.
- Ability to work with walking aides and wheelchairs and assist with clients getting in and out of the vehicle.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Listed below are examples of duties and areas of responsibilities for this position. The listing below does not include all responsibilities or challenges that present themselves in this position.
- Transport clients to and from locations.
- Assist with embarking and disembarking the vehicle.
- Manage a strict schedule of drop offs and pickups.
- Navigate throughout the Twin Ports, being cognizant of traffic and construction changes.
- Assist clients throughout the process as needed.
- Complete daily paperwork as directed by Transportation Coordinator.
To apply, please call our office at 715-394-3611.
If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available.
More information can be found online at www.samhsa.gov/find-help/988
You are welcome to stop by our office to pick up a copy if you like.
Senior Connections, 1805 N. 16th Street in Superior.
The Go Show
The GO Show (formerly the Senior Expo) was at the DECC in Duluth, MN on October 27th, 2021. beginning at 9am. THANK YOU to everyone that stopped by our booth to say hello. See you again next year!